The Superbowl is just a week away and because I live in New England, everyone around here is pretty darn excited that the Patriots have made it to this big-deal event.
Now, I’m not a football fan, but I know SO many people who couldn’t be more excited about this upcoming game so, I thought it would be fun to teach you a tool that you could use to intuit which team would win the Superbowl.
Here’s how the Superbowl tool works:
- In your mind, imagine the TV screen showing the Superbowl game on it.
- Imagine the green turf. Imagine the white lines…
- Now imagine the scoring that is usually in the top left or top right of the screen (depending on which network is showing the screen). Get specific here – which team is listed first in the scoring pane and which team is listed second? What color is the scoring pane on the TV?
- OK, we’re getting to the cool part now… Close your eyes and take a deep breath in, then out.
- With your eyes still close, ask yourself the following question, “Which team is going to win the Superbowl in 2018?”
- Finally, take a moment to notice your body and your attention while continuing to hold the visual you created of the TV screen. Do you find yourself leaning to the left or right? Do you find yourself drawn to the left or right of the visual in your head? The direction in which you’re drawn actually indicates the team that will win. If you leaned to the left, for example, the team listed on the left hand side of the TV screen in your head is the winner.
A few tips:
- The direction you lean or just find yourself even thinking about FIRST, is the answer.
- Avoid doing this exercise again and again as you’ll lose your objectivity.
- Be very specific in how you ask the question. “Who’s going to win the Superbowl” is too vague. You want to specify that you want to know which team (not just a person) is going to win, and WHICH Superbowl as well.
- If you are REALLY into football, this exercise will be harder to do because you will be attached to the outcome. I’m great at it because I really don’t care who wins.
OK have fun with this – and come back here to let me know how it went! Obviously, you can do it with any sporting event and even with any two decisions.
Love & Light,