I’m sitting here eating breakfast, getting ready to type my morning email and I’m laughing at (yet super frustrated with) myself.
In the beginning of October I started a sugar cleanse because I noticed that I’ve gotten back into the habit of using sugar as an energy management tool.
How could sugar possibly be an energy management tool? Well, it pops you right out of your body when you eat even a moderate amount of it – and for sensitive people like me (and probably you) that’s a great (yet unhealthy) way to stop myself from feeling everything around me.
I thought I’d eliminated all major components of sugar – but this one chewable vitamin I take for mental clarity… well, I was loving that vitamin.
The bottle said that I could take up to six a day and I was whipping through bottles.
Finally, this morning I was wondering to myself, why am I so into this vitamin?
I took a look at the actual ingredients and there was a ton of “fruit flavor” – which, just has to be some type of sugar. Otherwise, why would I be loving it so much!
Ack! Sugar snuck in there… once again.
So, why the heck am I bringing up my vitamins?
Because of energy management.
Here I am – probably just like you – wanting to do my best at taking care of my body, my mind, my energy… and I missed a spot.
And it was right under my nose!
The thing about energy management is that it’s really important, but when you start going off track, it’s sometimes hard to notice.
Here are a few things that I personally do when I’m having trouble holding myself in a great energy managed space:
- Eliminate the news! Stop watching TV, listening to the radio, reading newspapers.
- Get outside. Just spending 10 minutes outside, no sunglasses, just hang
- Even better – get outside and walk! Get breathing a little harder, swing your arms, look like a goofball
- Drink more water. Yep – being properly hydrated not only helps to feel calmer, it can increase psychic clarity
- Step away from the electronics. No cell phone, no video games, no nothing. Just be a human for a little bit.
- Sing! Yes! Put on your favorite music and sing it loud (or perhaps dance!) while making dinner
So, these are some of my own energy management suggestions – I’m wondering about yours (I’m sure you have a few that others can benefit from!)… please share below and let’s get a list going for everyone to benefit from!
Love and Light,